A total of 1,456 registered candidates are sitting for the ongoing West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) taking place in the Anloga District of the Volta Region.The candidates were drawn from the three Senior High Schools within the District namely, Anlo Senior High School (ANSECO), Zion College (ZICO), and Volta Senior High School (VOLTASCO).Mr Vincent Nutakor, the Officer in charge of Higher Education at Anloga GES, during a tour to the examination centres, expressed satisfaction with the demeanour and the level of preparedness of the candidates.'I am impressed with the calmness, and we expect it to continue like this till the end. We also expect nothing but improvement in grades than it was in previous years.'Mr Dominic Yao Dzanado, the Director of Education at Anloga, also urged the candidates to stick to all examination rules stipulated to them.'I trust our candidates to be obedient and disciplined, likewise our invigilators too. These centres will not record any exam malpractice either by a teacher or any candidate,' he added.Some candidates, the GNA engaged, remained optimistic about passing all their subjects.The GNA team noticed an atmosphere of total calm on the part of the candidates.There had also not been any issue of examination malpractice since the exercise began despite nine absentees being recorded so far.Anlo Senior High School has a total of 651 candidates constituting 332 males and 319 females.Zion College has 742 candidates constituting 267 males and 475 females with Volta Senior High School having 63 candidates made up of 24 males and 39 females.Source: Ghana News Agency
Related Articles
2024 BECE starts today with 569,095 candidates
This year’s Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) starts today Monday, July 08, with a total of 569,095 candidates.
Mr John K Kapi, Head of Public Affairs, WAEC National Office, said the candidates were expected to write English Language on …
BECE candidates must eat properly before going to centres – Dr. Donkor advised
Parents of candidates writing the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) have been urged to ensure that their wards eat breakfast before reporting to the centres to avoid health issues.
Dr. Joseph Donkor, the Medical Superintendent of Manhean…
We are making strides in building 21st century schools – Education Minister?
Dr Yaw Osei Adutwum, Minister of Education, says the government is investing in state-of-the-art school infrastructure to meet the needs of 21st century learning.
These projects, the Minister said, would revolutionise the country’s educational space …
